Before anyone begins to wonder yes we have a fully functioning bathroom on Fantine, it even has what an estate agent would call ‘A perfectly formed washing facility in keeping with the design and layout’, I’d call it a dunk pool.
So whilst it’s deeper than your standard household bath its also shorter. This time of year makes that a problem for me, I’m not a big bath lover, but this cold autumnal grey just makes me crave one, a warm bubbly bath with some mulled wine and Michael Buble (Sadly only his music) would be just the ticket.
Now you see the dunk pool presents a couple of problems in realising this dream.
- There isn’t a great deal of room. It’s really quite small, and whilst I’m sure it’s perfectly fit for purpose I’m not 100% sure what I would do.
- It would take a whole tank of water to fill. That’s two weeks of normal water use, gone in one bath. Aside from messing with the water roulette routine, how honestly shocking is that!?
- I pride myself on how low our electricity bill has been so far, however I can’t help but imagine running a nice warm bath would cost about 3 summers of solar power and one million English pounds.
As I see it this dilemma leaves me with only a couple of options really.
- Continue to moan James’ ears off about this until the warmth returns in 6 months.
- Book myself into a hotel and spend the entire time in the bath.
- Take a trip to Iceland (The country not the home of the Prawn ring), and relax in the hot spa’s.
- Man up.
Answers on postcards people!
James and Kirsty